We depart from Punta Bandera (Flag Point) Port at 8:30 am, ferrying on the northern arm of Lake Argentino up to the last permitted point of navigation on the Upsala Channel, where stunning views of the Upsala Glacier await.
After disembarking at Estancia Cristina, each group will be assigned a FWD vehicle with a specialized driver-guide. Our ride will take us in ascent along the Feruglio cordon for 9.5 km to the spot where we will leave our vehicle. Once there, we will start a 20-minute walk on glacial erosion terrain up to the Upsala Glacier Lookout Point, which features sweeping views of Lake Guillermo, the imposing Upsala Glacier’s eastern front and the South Patagonian Continental Ice Field.
We then walk back to our FWD vehicles and return to the Estancia for a lunch service of approximately 1 hour.
Afterwards we will visit the Estancia’s Costumbrista Museum, formerly an old shearing shed, where visitors will learn about the history of the Masters Family pioneers, and their awe-inspiring experiences and on this remote corner of the earth some 100 years ago. There will also be a guided walk by the Caterina River, the well, the Chapel and the Estancia’s colonial main house.
. LUNCH (3 course menu)
- 2 “empanadas” (one meat-filled and one corn-filled)
- lamb casserole, pasta with mushroom pesto and sundried tomatoes
- Homemade custard (flan) with whipped cream and “dulce de leche” (classic Argentine caramel dessert).
Please indicate if you have any food allergies or restrictions. Menu options for gluten intolerance (celiacs) and Vegetarians are available.
Meal Cost (per person): US$ 40
.TRANSFER TO PUNTA BANDERAS PORT
The excursion begins at Punta Banderas Port, located 47kms from the city of Calafate. Estancia Cristina offers a private transfer service to the Port from Calafate hotels (US$30 per person) or otherwise guests can organize their own transfers. . DIRECTIONS
Additional Charge: : as required by National Parks Services regulations, the cost of the Entrance Fee to the “Los Glaciares” National Park will be automatically added to the ticket value of the activity.
- 7:00 am – Estancia Cristina’s private transfer begins its tour from El Calafate hotels to Punta Banderas Port
- 8:15 am – boarding at Estancia Cristina pier
- 8:30 am – navigation begins up North Arm to the Upsala Channel and finally to Cristina Channel
- 11:30 am – arrival at Estancia Cristina (duration of the excursion: 6hs)
- 5:30 pm – departure from Estancia Cristina
- 7:30 pm – arrival at Punta Banderas Port
- 8:30 pm – arrival at El Calafate hotels
“El Quincho” Restaurant
“El Quincho” Restaurant: “El Quincho” restaurant has an 80-person capacity. It has a bar service and restrooms, and it’s used for daily lunch services for the Classic and Discovery Full Day Program visitors. Visitors who didn’t previously sign up for lunch may do so during navigation and pay at the Estancia (cash or credit).
Is also available for those who brought their own packed lunches from El Calafate. It has a bar with hot and cold beverages, apple pie, cake, cookies, and soup of the day.